Wednesday, March 2, 2011







This midwifery project in Iqaluit really feels like an icebound ship these days. It seems like everyone that I need to help me push it forward is either away from work right now, on a leave or a vacation, or out of town for medical reasons, or else they are working and just too busy to get back to me. Yikes! Waiting around for something to happen is quite a challenge for me. Today I have my laptop and the portable modem in my office. Lots of time for blogging, but not very much to say.

Passing the time in Iqaluit... I finished my first quilt! I had tried hard to finish it before coming up here but those last days and weeks were just so busy. I loved quilting and was proud to post it to my wee grand nephew, now nearly 6 months old, in London, Ontario. I hope his Gramma Holly notices and admires it! I brought a quilt top that was already created - something Val had stored in a closet. I have finished assembling and quilting it and now I sleep under it every night.






No comments:

Post a Comment